Words/Phrases That I Hate
- Mental Illness/Disorder - I may be biased as a "mentally ill" (autistic) person, but I personally find it disturbing that society put verifiable psychopaths who routinely abduct, torture, gaslight, and drug children (and adults!) for the crime of having a differently functioning brain, in charge of deciding what constitutes mental illness. If we're going to seriously combat the problem of mental illness, rounding up all psychiatrists and firing them into a black hole would be a very positive step. I hear there may be a small one in the outer limits of our solar system, so it doesn't even have to be particularly difficult to take them there.
- App - I had something I wanted to write here, but "lolwut" put my hatred for this word much better than I could over on their Neocities page, so I'll just link to that instead. I will only add that it's an irritating non-word and the extent of its proliferation is a depressing representation of how disgustingly normiefied the Internet and nerd culture have become.
- Woke - I swear this word is the NPC's version of a uniform. It's a remarkably efficient way of communicating "I am a mindless pawn with no original thoughts or opinions of my own and consider this a point of pride. Watch me butcher my language's grammar in the same manner that the mainstream media taught me to do, in order to demonstrate that I am a wild and zany free-thinker!"
- I'm Literally Shaking - If you were "literally" shaking as a result of whatever your predicament is, you'd be seeking out the services of a priest or making an emergency call to your dealer, not fishing for attention online.
- Diversity - If diversity is really so important, then why is diversity of skin colour the only kind of diversity that is ever pushed? Why is it that not a single diversity screecher taking on the cause of remedying the 80% unemployment rate among autistic people? Why is it OK to abuse the oh-so-diverse women and non-whites if they get uppity and start having opinions of their own?
- Socials - Why is millennial slang so irritating and lazy? You can look up slang for any time period in the past and find lots of words and phrases that are objectively the cat's meow. Millennial slang is largely just stupid abbreviations that make the speaker sound like a lazy child.
- Adulting - Speaking of stupid millennial slang, who thought this one was a good idea? Contrary to what you may believe, if basic adult responsibilities are so burdensome for you to have you invent a new term to complain about them, you are an adult in nothing but physical age.
- Cancel Culture - Art is culture. People being fired from their job due to mass-harassment from 400 lb leftist hamplanets who lack the mental stability to tolerate a single living being on the planet having a divergent viewpoint because their minds are broken from decades of seeing their ugly mugs in the mirror every day is not culture.
- Well-Adjusted/Healthy - Every time I see someone use either of these words, it's to push something bad under the guise of "everybody else is doing it, so you should be a good sheeple and do so too! What are you, a weirdo?!" Reminds me of the quote "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
- Fascist/Nazi - I am sick of the fact that 99% of the modern usage of these words comes from historically illiterate leftists that accuse anyone who disagrees with them of fascism while advocating for what is essentially a bizarro Fourth Reich led by gender-confused freakshows. It's like if Smokey the Bear spent his time accusing bushes of being forest fires and advocating pouring gasoline all over them and lighting them on fire in the interest of protecting the forest.
- Dogs and Cats - I have no idea why this has become such a prevalent thing but it's both obnoxious and annoying. Even disregarding that cats are infinitely superior to dogs, the grammatically correct way of saying this is "cats and dogs" since C comes before D in the alphabet. 3rd graders know this, why don't you?
I guess that's all that I can think of for now. Thankfully I make a point to not talk to other people aside from basic, necessary interactions, or else this list might have been much longer. I might update it in the future if I think of anything else.